3SGE BEAMS: Dyno Final Harrah
Well that’s it; the dyno tafe course is over.
8 weeks done and dusted,
BUT we have finished on a high when it comes to the BEAMS.
Throughout the course we have been making changes, starting by cleaning up the tune which was running rich in places. Reprogramming theVVTi map which was fairly ordinary to start with, then onto changing the length of the velocity stacks. Every time we made a change she responded well, and each time I drove it home I was even more excited about owning this car.
In the words of Jamie (Tafe lecturer/Frak)
“It really delivered the goods!”
The red line is the very first run on week 2, the blue line is the last run on week 8… money and time well spent? I think so!
VELOCITY STACK intake tuning
If I had a Delorian, did 88 mph and went and told myself 8 weeks ago that by simply changing the length of the velocity stacks you could gain an exra 17 rwkw at 7500 rpm… I would have told myself I was dreaming.
After sorting out the tune and the VVTi with no filters we pulled a clean 120rwkw with 35mm stacks,
128rwkw with the 75mm,
then 137 rwkw with 110mm!
I really didn’t expect those sort of gains; I just wanted to push into the 130 mark, so I’m very happy with the outcome.
out of curiosity we tried a staggered intake, while intresting it was not a better set up than the 110mm on there own
137rwkw! Not bad for an NA 2lt
I’m a little sad the course has already finished, it just went by so fast. I learnt loads, made some new friends, and now my car is much MUCH faster.